Is Soma Pill helpful for Muscle Pain?
Do you feel strain in your muscles right after doing some heavy physical activity or after some physical exercise? It is caused generally when your muscles are overused or there is overexertion in your muscles. Sometimes it lasts for several weeks and sometimes it can last for a few days. Soma Pill, a mild and a short-term pain reliever, is prescribed to get relief from such pain.
Some of the most common causes of muscle aches and pain are –
- · Injury or trauma, sprains or strains
- · Tension and stress
- · Overuse of muscles that includes using a muscle too soon before warming up, using it too much or too often
This pain usually occurs right after doing a strenuous physical activity or during the process.
A person suffering from such muscle pain or aches can take help of the mild pain reliever, Soma Pill. This drug should be used along with proper rest and physical therapy. Also, you must note that this drug is a prescription medication and a controlled substance so declared by the Drug Enforcement Agency under the Controlled Substances Act. It is very essential that you get a doctor’s prescription and use the drug according to it.
What to know about Soma?
Soma Pill (also known as Carisoprodol) is a centrally acting muscle relaxer that provides a person relief from acute musculoskeletal pain. This pain reliever received approval in the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in the year 2007. It works by preventing transmission of pain sensations in the neurotransmitters in the brain and the spinal cord. It works like a sedative blanket and affects a person’s entire central nervous system to provide pain relief.
Ingredients of Soma
Active Ingredients: Aspirin and Carisoprodol
Inactive Ingredients: microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate, povidone, starch, stearic acid, croscarmellose sodium, hypromellose, FD &C Red 40, FD &C Yellow 6
How should you take Carisoprodol?
One must follow the prescription given by a doctor very carefully. The doses so prescribed should be taken accordingly. If a person takes this drug in large amounts, it can have some serious health consequences.
- · You can take the drug either before or after mealtime. Swallow the pill as a whole with a glass of water. Never break, chew, split, inhale or inject this drug.
- · For muscle spasm treatment, adults are recommended to take 250-350 mg of this drug thrice a day and once before bed time.
- · This medication is generally prescribed for 2-3 weeks at most. No one should take the drug for longer than the prescribed period given by a doctor.
- · Never use alcohol or any street drugs with this product.
- · Note that Carisoprodol can be life-threatening if one misuses it. Taking the drug for recreational and non-prescribed purposes is not recommended.
Note that this drug is not safe for use by children or teenagers less than 18 years of age. You must keep this drug away from them. Also, do not share this product with other people mainly those who have a prior drug addiction problem.