A Smarter Way to Tackle Extreme Sleepiness- Choose Modafinil
Extreme daytime sleepiness happens to be a rising issue among the people today. Particularly in offices, you may observe a lot of people dozing off in their chairs totally unaware that they are actually sleeping at their workplace. It is not like they are avoiding work. Sometimes, this tendency of extreme sleepiness is totally out of their control. This can be a result of narcolepsy, a sleeping disorder in people that makes a person have no control over their sleep and wake cycle.
Smart drugs here have a role to play. They can help such people to manage their sleep and wake cycles. Smart drugs, like Modafinil, in fact has been approved for use as a treatment for sleep disorders like narcolepsy, obstructive sleep apnea, and shift work sleep disorder. Doctors prescribe this smart pill for improving the wakefulness in such people. Modafinil is known popularly as the king of smart pills and is considered to be the world’s first safe smart drug. Note that it is a prescription-only drug in many countries including the United States. Obtain a prescription even when you purchase Modafinil online.
An Overview of Modafinil
Modafinil is an oral smart drug or a nootropic that is popular among people belong to different age groups and professions. It is also known as a student drug given its popularity among university students.
In December 1998, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved this smart drug as a treatment for narcolepsy, sleep apnea, and shift work sleep disorder.
Though clinically approved as a wakefulness-enhancer for people with sleep disorders, healthy individuals use this drug often for cognitive-enhancement. This drug improves their attention, memory power, reasoning abilities, creativity, focus and concentration etc. Though not approved, it is popularly used for such purposes.
People who do not have any sleep disorders must not use this drug to bring changes in their working schedules.
How Modafinil should be used?
- Take the doses always according to your doctor’s instructions. Here are some general guidelines for you to follow while using the drug.
- · You can take the pills with or without food. Take it with water. Avoid taking the pills with alcohol or such sedative substances.
- · Usually morning time is best for taking the pills. People with narcolepsy and sleep apnea should take the pills in the morning or may be in the early afternoon. Avoid taking it more than once a day.
- · The elimination half-life of this smart drug is 12 hours so taking it at night, in the evening or late afternoons is not recommended. This can lead to sleep disturbances.
- · Shift workers can take this drug one hour before the start of their shifts.
- · Provide your entire medical reports and information about the drugs you are taking to your doctor. This will help to know if this drug is really the right treatment for you. Also, it can be ensured that the drugs you taking currently do not interact with Modafinil in a negative way.
- · Never share your pills with others mainly those who have a prior substances use disorder.