Modafinil: A Smart drug, a smart choice for Smart people
In this stressful era choosing a smart drug is a smart choice. Many of the people are making this choice to handle that extra burden on the head. There are people who fall into the uncontrollable episodes of sleep even without realizing. If this happens every time; in the middle of some important work! This will create a problem isn’t? So, to stop coming sleep I between work times, a nootropic is essential. Modafinil is one of the renowned and a popular smart drug.
Let know more about Modafinil
Modafinil is a prescribed drug, suggested by the doctor to treat narcolepsy among patient and individuals. The medicine is available in the market as various brand names. Modafinil is crowned with the title of “king of the smart pill”. The smart pill got approved by FDA for treating narcolepsy back in the year 1998. And again in 2003, the smart pill was approved to treat obstructive sleep apnea and shift work sleep disorder.
The smart pill promotes wakefulness among individual suffering terribly from an excessive sleep disorder. The reasons due to which this disorder takes place are –
• Restless leg syndrome
• Obstructive sleep apnea
• Excessive daytime sleepiness
• Shift work sleep disorder
The exact working mechanism of the smart pill still remains a mystery. The researchers and doctors have stated that the pill works on the certain chemicals of the brain known as neurotransmitters. In this way, it handles the sleep and wake cycle in an individual promoting wakefulness.
Modafinil is also a brain enhancer. It develops and nourishes the cognitive functions in a person. The smart pill targets the executive function and develops the memory span, increases the concentration level and makes a person feel light and active throughout.
Precautions and Warnings
The precautions and warnings are to be followed before taking Modafinil. Some of those are:
• Smart drugs are to be taken only when needed, not every day.
• Taking it for a longer period of time can lead to chest pain, irregular heartbeat and may develop a dependency on the medicine
• A person having kidney or liver problem should avoid Modafinil.
• If a person is allergic to Armodafinil than avoid Modafinil because the active ingredient in Modafinil is Armodafinil.
• Don’t go for overdose it can have serious side effects.
• If you have a history of drug abuse or drug addiction, you should not go for this drug
Side-effects of the smart pill
Everything has two sides of a coin. It comes with both boon and bane effect. Modafinil too has its own side effects. :
• Blurred vision
• Chest pain
• Feeling unusual tiredness
• Mood swings
Some of the uncommon side effects are:
• Back pain
• Dryness of skin