Soma Pill for Muscle Pain Relief is a Good option
Approved by the FDA in 2007 originally, the mild medication, Soma Pill, is used for acute and muscle pain or injuries. The generic name of this pain reliever is Carisoprodol which has been used widely by people since the year 1959. This medication is sold as a prescription drug in the U.S. and has been declared as a controlled substance under the Controlled Substance Act by the Drug Enforcement Agency. It is very much important that you obtain a prescription buy or use this product.
Soma Pill belongs to a category of drugs known as muscle relaxants. It is a centrally acting muscle relaxer that works in a person’s CNS to provide pain relief. Though the exact way of working of this drug is not yet certain but it is said to work by preventing transmission of pain sensations that take place between the nerves in the spinal cord and in the brain.
Let us know a bit about what this drug is composed of!
Composition of Soma
Soma is composed of the following ingredients –
- · Carisoprodol
- · Aspirin
- · Microcrystalline cellulose
- · Croscarmellose sodium
- · Hypromellose
- · Magnesium stearate
- · Povidone
- · Starch
- · Stearic acid
- · FD &C Red 40
- · FD &C Yellow 6
How to dose on this medication?
- · Take Soma orally with a glass of water either on an empty stomach or after having your meal.
- · Never inhale or inject this medication. Just swallow the pill as a whole with water.
- · It is generally prescribed for 2-3 weeks. Do not consume this medication for longer than the prescribed period of time.
- · Adults take about 250-350 mg three times a day and once before bed time for muscle spasm.
- · One must not consume this drug with alcohol or street drugs. Give your doctor a complete list of the drugs that you are taking at present in order to ensure if such drugs interact with Carisoprodol. They may include prescribed drugs, non-prescribed drugs, recreational drugs, illegal drugs, nutritional drugs, dietary drugs, vitamins, herbal products etc.
- · If you ever experienced any allergic reactions to this drug or to meprobamate or tybamate, you must not consume Soma. Tell your doctor about your whole medical history and if you have ever had a prior substance use disorder. People with porphyria should not take this drug.
Points to be Considered
- · Sharing or selling this drug to anybody is not recommended, particularly if they were drug addicts or alcoholics before.
- · Store this drug at room temperature away from excess heat, moisture, or direct sunlight. Make sure that you keep this drug in such a place where no children or pet can reach it.
- · When you use this drug, you might experience some dizziness. This medication may impair your thinking and reacting ability. Therefore, avoid performing any tasks that require you to be conscious mentally such as driving until you can safely perform them.