Soma Pill : Treats Acute Pain in no time
What is Soma pill?
Soma pill or Carisoprodol (generic name) is a muscle relaxant that helps us get relief from pain. The class of muscle relaxants it belongs to is called carbamate.
Muscle relaxants are drugs that work on our central nervous system to give us relief from pain.
Carisoprodol too acts on our central nervous system to prevent us from feeling the sensations of pain.
It provides a blockage in the transmission of those pain sensations between the nerves and the brain.
In this way, it changes a person’s reaction towards it. It does not cure the pain altogether but provide temporary relief from pain. A person can go about doing their daily chores without having to endure this irritating sensation.
This medication should be used along with rest and physical therapy for effective pain relief from any skeletal or muscle injuries.
What are the benefits of Soma?
- · Soma is a muscle relaxer and an effective reliever of acute pain.
- · It is the best painkiller for day-to-day use.
- · It starts to show its effect on pain pretty quickly.
- · Compared to other pain medications, it has much lesser side effects.
How should you take carisoprodol?
It is very important that you consult a doctor before taking this pill. The dosage instructions that your doctor gives should be properly followed. If you disregard those instructions, you might have to bear its consequences.
Some of the general rules that you need to follow are:
· You can consume Soma orally with or without food.
· Soma is usually taken about 3 times a day and once before bedtime.
· This medication is prescribed for a short period of time. Do not take it for more than 3 weeks.
· Injection of this drug by mixing it with water or its inhalation by turning it into powder form is not recommended.
· Taking it with alcohol is highly not recommended. Be it alcohol or any other street drugs, you should not consume this pill with such substances. This will only put your health at risk.
· Children or teenagers under the age of 18 years should not get hold of this drug.
· Pregnant women should consult a doctor before taking this medication. It is not certain yet if this drug can cause harm to an unborn baby.
· This medication is not recommended for breastfeeding women as it can pass into a mother’s milk and put the baby’s life at risk.
What precautions should you take while using this drug?
· You must not consume this pill if you are allergic to carisoprodol, meprobamate, tybamate, or mebutamate. Also, tell your doctor if you have any other allergies.
· If you have a genetic enzyme disorder called porphyria, you should not consume this drug.
· Inform your doctor about any drugs that you are currently consuming. Such drugs may include prescribed drugs, over-the-counter drugs, recreational drugs, dietary drugs, illegal drugs, nutritional drugs, vitamins, herbal products etc. This will save you from any possible harmful drug interactions.
· Those activities that require you to be mentally alert and conscious should be avoided such as driving. While you are on this medication, you may feel a bit light-headed or somewhat dizzy. So, it is better to avoid such activities until you can safely perform them.
· Inform your doctor if you have any heart problem, kidney or liver disease, mental disorder, a family history of drug addiction or drug abuse etc.